Purchasing Print Credit: Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to online transactions made with the University of South Wales for the purchase of print credit.
- Crediting of your print account will normally happen within a maximum period of one hour of being notified that payment has been authorised by your debit or credit card provider.
- Liability cannot be accepted for the payment not being credited to your print account due to incorrect details being supplied by you.
- Non delivery of print credit should be notified to the USW Print and Design Services situated on Central Avenue on the Treforest campus in L001, firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of the completed transaction.
- USW Print Credit refunds will be made online only to the credit/ debit card used to purchase the print credit. Refund will be made within 5 working days of the request. The University will accept no liability for the late issue of refunds.
- Only electronically purchased print credits can be refunded. No refunds will be made for credits purchased from the cash kiosks within the libraries and IT suites.
- No refunds will be made for credit balances purchased electronically of values less than £5.00.
- On request of a refund, the University reserves the right to debit the full amount of the refund from the student’s print account prior to the refund being issued to the student’s debit/credit card.
- Refunds will only be made for values up to the last purchase transaction appearing on the student’s print account. If the student’s print account remains in credit after the initial refund, the student can repeat the refund request process until their account balance is cleared.
- Cancellation of print credit purchases must be made within 7 days of the completion of the credit purchased to be eligible for full refund. The student will incur no obligation or liability to the University. However, cancellation will not be made if print credits have already been used. If a cancellation refund is required the student must email email@example.com.
- You may cancel your purchase within 7 working days from the completion of your purchase without incurring any obligation or liability to the University. However, you may not cancel your purchase once you have started to use it. If a cancellation is required then the refund policy must be followed.
- The University’s print credit on-line purchasing systems will inform you of the result of a payment transaction via a web page after entering your card details. If successful an e-mail based receipt will also be sent to the email address you provided. It is your responsibility to ensure that the email address provided is accurate. The University cannot accept liability if payment is refused or declined by your credit/debit card supplier for any reason.
- If your card supplier refuses to make payment, the University is under no obligation to explain the reason why. In such circumstances you should contact your credit/debit card supplier.
- If your card supplier refuses to make payment, you will be given the opportunity to try another card or you can cancel the transaction.
- Cancelled transactions will not show up on your transaction history.
- The University reserves the right to cancel the service in the case of any strike, lockout, disorder, fire, explosion, accident or stoppage of or affecting the University’s business or work which is beyond its reasonable control and which prevents or hinders the crediting of your print account.
- All content including pictures, designs, logos, photographs, text written and other materials on the University’s website are owned, controlled or licensed to the University or its suppliers. They are protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights. The bank’s website is similarly protected. Unauthorised use of this content is prohibited.
- The data that you provide during this transaction will only be used for the purpose of recording your payment. We shall abide by the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and ensure that the data is used for no other purposes and is not disclosed to any third party, unless there is a legal obligation for that disclosure.
- The University shall not be liable for any failure by the student or any third party making payment to properly protect data from being seen on their screen by other persons or otherwise obtained by such other persons, during the Online Payment process or in respect of any omission to provide accurate information in the course of the Online Payment process.
- To the fullest extent permitted at law, the University is providing this website, its contents and its online print payment facility on an ‘as is’ basis and makes no (and expressly disclaims all) representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to this website or the information, content, products or services included in this site.
- The University reserves the right to terminate the transaction in the case of the merchant payment gateway being unavailable. In this case the University would advise that no payment has been taken and the transaction should be carried out at a later date.
- This is a contract between the Buyer and the University. When the Buyer visits this website or sends e-mails to the University, the Buyer is communicating with the University electronically. The University shall communicate with the Buyer by e-mail. For contractual purposes, the Buyer consents to receive communications from the University electronically and agrees that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that the University provides to the Buyer electronically satisfies any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect the Buyer’s statutory rights.
- If any part of these terms is unenforceable, the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
- The University reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions from time to time. If this happens, we will notify you by posting the new Terms and Conditions on the website. It is your responsibility to regularly review these before each purchase to ensure that you are aware of any changes. If you do not wish to be governed by the revised Terms and Conditions, you must not place any further purchases.
- The contract will be governed by the laws of England and Wales. The courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with the contract.