Paying for Tuition Fees Online: Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to online transactions made with the University of South Wales for the payment of tuition fees.
- Crediting your student tuition fee account will normally happen within 24 hours of being notified that the payment has been authorised by your debit or credit card provider.
- Liability cannot be accepted for the payment not being credited to your student tuition fee account due to incorrect details being supplied by you.
- On completing the payment process you will be issued two reference numbers. The first will be confirmation that the transaction has completed. The second will be your receipt of payment, sent to you by email. You will need to retain both reference numbers as proof of payment. If you do not receive your receipt of payment within 48 hours you should contact a member of the Revenue Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No refunds will be made for amounts of £10.00 or less.
- Refunds can only be made to the debit or credit card used to make the payment, and will normally be processed within five working days of the request. The University undertakes no liability if this period is exceeded. Requests should be made to the Revenue Unit at email@example.com.
- The University’s on-line payment system will inform you of the result of a payment transaction via a web page after entering your card details. If successful an email based receipt will be sent to the email address you have provided, and any alternative email address that you have provided. It is your responsibility to ensure that the email address provided is accurate.
- The University cannot accept liability if payment is refused or declined by your debit or credit card provider for any reason.
- If your card provider refuses to make the payment, the University is under no obligation to explain the reason why. In such circumstances you should contact your provider.
- The University reserves the right to cancel the on-line payment service in the case of any strike, lockout, disorder, fire, explosion, accident or stoppage of services affecting the University’s business or work which is beyond its reasonable control and which prevents or hinders the crediting of your student tuition fee account.
- All content including pictures, designs, logos, photographs, text written and other materials on the University’s website are owned, controlled and licensed to the University. They are protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights. The bank’s website is similarly protected. Unauthorised use of this content is prohibited.
- The data that you provide during this transaction will only be used for the purpose of recording your payment. We shall abide by the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and ensure that the data is used for no other purpose, and is not disclosed to any third party unless there is a legal obligation for that disclosure.
- The University shall not be liable for any failure by the student or any third party making a payment to properly protect data from being seen on their screen by other persons, or otherwise obtained by such other persons during the online payment process, or in respect of any omission to provide accurate information in the course of the online payment process.
- To the fullest extent of the law, the University is providing this website, its contents and its online tuition fee payment facility on an ‘as is’ basis and make no (and expressly disclaims all) representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to this website or the information, content, products or services included in this site.
- The University reserves the right to terminate the transaction in the case of the merchant payment gateway not being available. In this case the University would advise that no payment has been taken and the transaction should be carried out at a later date.
- If any part of these terms is unenforceable, the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
- The University reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions from time to time. If this happens, we will notify you by posting new Terms and Conditions on the website. It is your responsibility to regularly review these before each payment to ensure you are aware of any changes. If you do not wish to be governed by the revised Terms and Conditions you must not place any further payments.