About Your IT Services
IT Services provide the technology, solutions and services to support the corporate, learning and teaching, and research operations of the University, driven by the ICT Strategy.
We are committed to providing high quality systems and facilities, and we have a proven record in responding to customer needs and evolving technologies.
Specifically, the IT Services department provides the following for the University:
- A dedicated IT customer support service to assist you, Monday to Friday — face to face, on the telephone or online — for all desktop, classroom and technical needs
- More than 3,000 student computers with access to 400+ software applications in open access and bookable teaching labs split across the five campuses in Caerleon, Cardiff, Newport and Pontypridd/Glyntaff
- Computer-based systems including e-mail, internet, internal networks, web pages, and staff/student accounts and passwords
- Print and copy facilities, together with a design and print team equipped to meet all your printing needs. We have retail outlets at Treforest and Cardiff, with options to deliver goods to the other campuses
- Business improvement — managing business process review, programme and project management, as well as other development activities
- Application support — supporting corporate and business systems, database management, directory services, and telephony services.
Our work is undertaken in accordance with the University’s Project Management Framework and under the governance of the Strategic Business Process Owners Group (SBPOG) (SBPOG) and the Project Assurance Board (PAB).